Tower Homes Association
October 28, 2014 6:00 p.m.
Home of Kurtis Marinez
Kurtis Marinez (President), John Bozarth, Catherine Dobson, Mary Cary (Administrator), Elizabeth Hollins (secretary), Cat Larrison, Damien McNeary, Karol O’Brien
Absent: Angie Lile, Cassi Neff, Jeff Highfill, Garth Stocking, Safia Gray
At the September 2014 General Meeting, attendees elected the following officers:
President: Kurtis Marinez
Vice President: Karol O’Brien
Secretary: Elizabeth Hollins
Treasurer: Jeff Highfill
- Annual Membership Drive: Mary Cary spoke about our annual membership drive and discount card. She asked for input on businesses to approach for the discount card, including representation of businesses in the Waldo Homes boundaries (79th to 85th). Chelly’s, Garza’s Goodies, KC Bier Company, Tropical Snow, and others were mentioned. She suggested an initial targeted email to past members before a mass mailing. The board decided to create a postcard highlighting membership and the upcoming events for 2015. The board agreed to hold dues at $25 per year for now until we can gain greater visibility.
November 8 General Meeting Agenda: Provide more information about the merger and brainstorm on the benefits of membership. Kurtis suggested providing updates on Phase I of the Waldo Tower renovations and the plans for Phase II, which include year-round lighting for the Tower. Kurtis will invite a special speaker. Mary will send a meeting reminder along with a survey regarding our organization’s new name based on the merger with Waldo Homes Association approved by the board earlier in the year. We will ask attendees to opine on possibilities for a new name for the combined Tower Homes Association and Waldo Homes Association:
- Waldo Tower Neighbors
- Waldo Tower Neighbors Association
- Waldo Tower Homes
- Waldo Tower Homes Association
- Holiday Decoration Contest: It was suggested that the organization host a Holiday decoration contest. Kurtis has 5 – $10 gift certificates to The Well for a prize. Any neighbor can nominate, but the decorated house must be a member to win. Entries must be in by December 8. Winners will be voted on by the board at the December board meeting.
- Holmes Rd. Traffic Safety: Kurtis Marinez shared security footage from his home showing a severe auto accident at 75th and Holmes caused by fast speeds and reckless driving.
- 2015 Scheduling:
Board meetings on the second Tuesdays: Dec. 9, Feb. 10, April 14, June 9, August 11, Oct. 13
General meetings on the second Saturdays: Jan. 10, March 14 (Local Election Special), no May meeting in lieu of Annual Picnic, July 11, September 12 (WTHA board elections), November 14
Mayoral Forum w/ Marlborough and KCPT: TBD
May Annual Picnic: May 30 2-5 p.m. Tower Park
Movie Night in the Park: Saturday, June 20
2015 Happy Hours to be determined
Thursday, December 11, 2014: Holiday Happy Hour, include a fun Christmas sweater contest