The 2016 funding is now available for both Minor Home Repair and Paint Programs! I strongly encourage 5th District residents to apply. Applications attached to this email or call 816-513-3025 to request an application sent via mail.
The Minor Home Repair Program applicants must own and reside in the property to be repaired, cannot own more than one residential property, and cannot have received home repair assistance from the city in the last five years.
Income restrictions apply based upon household size. Examples of the work done as part of this program include the following:
- Plumbing – main water line, which may include branch lines and water heaters
- Plumbing – sewer mains, which may include branch lines
- Electrical systems – service entrance and main electrical panel, which may include branch circuits
- Furnace – (available September 1) repairs and replacements, which may include ductwork
- Roofs – Removal of existing shingles, installation of new shingles which may include replacement of roof sheathing.
The Paint Program is a home repair program that provides free paint and supplies to qualifying homeowners who live in Kansas City, Missouri.
- Live in Kansas City, Mo.
- Own and reside in the property to be painted
- Own only one property
- All labor must be accomplished or provided by the homeowner.
- No income limitations
Download the Paint Program Application