Empower your vote on November 8th by understanding the complicated language of our ballot at this Informational Town Hall Meeting. Ask your questions in advance! Forms will be available at the door.
Ask your questions in advance! Featuring the following Guest Speakers:
- Karen Englert, Government Relations Director for the Missouri chapter of the American Heart Association Midwest with Erin Kiekbusch, Community Health Director for this area. They will be presenting information regarding Amendment 3, a $.60 sales tax on cigarettes, and Proposition A, a $.23 sales tax on cigarettes.
- Robert Hill, community engagement coordinator of What U Can Do, speaking in opposition to Constitutional Amendment 6 to amend the Missouri constitution to authorize requiring currentgovernment-issued photo IDs to vote.
- Councilman Scott Taylor, to speak about upcoming City questions that will be appearing on our ballot, such as Question 3 regarding the Light Rail.
- Derek Ramsey, Vice President, Realtor Advocacy & Commercial Division, Kansas City Regional Association of Realtors will be speaking about Amendment 4, meant to preemptively ban a sales tax on services we use.
- Steve Roling, Honorary Chair of Children’s Services Fund Campaign will speak on Question 2, Jackson County to approve an 1/8 percentagesales tax to support children’s services and may mention the Mid-Continent Library for anyone living south of 85th
- Jackson County Executive Frank White and COMBAT Director Stacey Daniels-Young talking about the extension of the COMBAT quarter-cent Jackson County sales tax.
- Mike Dean, a founding member of the new national organization American Promise, which is engaged in the movement to amend the U.S. Constitution and reverse the Citizens United decision, will take the position that Amendment 2 is a small step forward.
- Missouri State Senator for the 7th District, Jason Holsman will be speaking about issues on the ballot affecting our state.