Good Afternoon Association Leaders,
Please share this information within your respective communities. Be advised I also posted this information on Metro Patrol’s Nextdoor.
Recently the KCPD has received numerous reports of concern regarding an individual frequenting your neighborhood. This information is intended to provide awareness and safety recommendations to those who may encounter this individual.
Garner, Rodrick b/m 10/27/1994
6’0 180 lbs
Med/light brown complexion
Show twisty braids
Angie tattoo on one arm
Rodrick Jr. tattoo on the other
Cross tattoo between eyebrows
The aforementioned individual is known to frequent the area, asking residents for money, help, and rides to different locations. He is known to steal, case, and is opportunistic.
The following information is important to note:
- Sunday provides an increased likelihood for an encounter
- It is important to take notice of clothing, demeanor, location, actions, and other specifics when observing Rodrick in the area
- Rodrick has entered residences when uninvited—this occurs when people choose to be kind to him, and return to their residence to get money or keys.
- It is important to be aware of your surroundings. Use flashlights. Be aware of noises and unusual observations of your property.
- Trust your instincts—if it doesn’t feel right, it probably isn’t. Call the Police if you are uncomfortable or afraid.
- If someone knocks on your door, talk through a locked storm door. Storm doors are a safety barrier, which afford initial protection when encountering unknown visitors
- Don’t let a stranger use your phone. Offer to place the call for them, through a locked door.
- Do not allow a stranger into you residence for water, food, or to use the restroom.
- Rodrick will return to your residence if given anything(food, water, money, rides). It is best to ask him to leave.
- Teach your children to return home and lock the door if they encounter Rodrick or any stranger. Have them to notify you immediately.
- Teach your children the importance of never opening the door for a stranger.
- Keep all garages, and detached buildings, closed and locked.
- Keep all car doors locked, and windows rolled up.
- Think like a criminal! Walk around your property looking for opportunities that could be used by criminals.
- It is important that you advise Rodrick, or any unwanted solicitor, to leave your property or you will call the Police. Trespassing requires that the offender knows they are unwelcome.
- Rodrick is not a wanted party at this time.
- It is vital that you call the police so that he may be cited for future trespassing incidents. This is the best way to proactively prevent these situations from continuing.
With your help, we hope to increase the safety of the neighborhood and deter Rodrick from creating these undesired encounters.
PO Mikki Cassidy
Community Interaction Officer
Metro Patrol Division
7601 Prospect Ave.
Kansas City, MO 64132