What Are Curbside Appeal Grants?
Curbside appeal grants are funds given away out of our general membership account that are to be used to improve the curbside appeal of your house/property.
In previous years, we gave away 4, $250 grants each year by a random drawing of members who have entered to win.
Due to declining memberships however, the board voted to reduce this to 3, $100 grants. We are looking for volunteers who might like to help us secure funding for future grant programs including using a funding platform like Go-Fund-Me or by searching for grant programs that would be able to help.
In the meantime, applicants need only to fill out a contact form online (scroll down for the form), or attend the drawing and fill it out in person.
Applicant must put their name, address and phone number as well as the proposed curbside project that will be concluded before the date of the following year’s drawing.
YOU must be:
- A current dues-paying member of WTNA
YOUR PROJECT must be:
- Visible from the street in front of your house
- Completed by 1 year from May 12, 2018 (the date of the drawing)
HOW IT WORKS
- 3 winners of a $100 grant will be drawn from the submissions. 1 alternate is also drawn in case there are eligibility problems with the initial winners.
- If you win, you complete your project within 1 year. Please contact us within 4 months of the drawing with an estimated timeline for your project and again before you begin so we can take “before” photos.
- Once your project is complete, submit receipts for reimbursement of up to $100.
- Before and after photos may be taken and compared prior to reimbursement.
- Any reimbursement towards tools or equipment used to complete the project may not exceed $25 of the grant.
Example: Your project is to plant a flower bed in front of your house. You spend $200 on flowers, soil, mulch, and landscaping fabric. You also spend $50 on a shovel, a hose, a hoe, and a rake. Only $25 of the $50 spent on tools is eligible for reimbursement even though the total spent on the project did not exceed $100.
Winners of grant money are also not eligible to enter the drawing again the following year and must wait until 2 years after they’ve won to enter again. This rule was created specifically to limit the amount of winnings that went to the same person each year.
Our next drawing will be held on Saturday, May 12th, at our General Meeting and we are now accepting entries.