For the second consecutive year, the Kansas City Public Schools (KCPS) will offer free nutritious breakfasts and lunches to students on weekdays at four campuses during the upcoming Summer School session, June 4 through June 29. Students age 18 or younger, and eligible disabled adults age 18 or older, may take advantage of this opportunity to partake in a healthy meal.
Meal times will be the following (Monday through Friday):
· Elementary breakfast – 8 to 9 a.m.
· Elementary lunch – 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
· Secondary breakfast – 7 to 8 a.m.
· Secondary lunch – 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
The meals will be served in four regions at the following sites:
· South ‐ Satchel Paige Elementary, 3310 E. 75th St.
· Central – Wheatley Elementary, 2415 Agnes
· North – Gladstone Elementary, 335 N. Elmwood
· High school ‐ Central High, 3221 Indiana
“During these difficult economic times, there may be students missing out on important nutritional opportunities when school is not in session. We are pleased to help fill that void by allowing students to enjoy healthy meals during the Summer School period,” said Ellen Cram, KCPS Director of Child Nutrition.
For more information, families may contact KCPS Child Nutrition at (816) 418-7840.